Friday, March 11, 2011

Pretending to be thin

The last few months my boyfriend and many others have been asking how I will deal with the fact that in the eyes of Japanese people I will not be "a normal American," I will be "an obese foreigner," and these conversations stuck in my head and started to make me quite worried.
These new worries got me to enlist into a fitness bootcamp, start eating healthier and going for hikes again, because of these I have lost a few pounds and feel a little stronger, but it was just not enough for me, I had to try and find a shortcut too. What was that shortcut? Well, I tried on some of those "instant slimming" products, such as spanx (http://www.spanx.com) to try and shed a few extra inches the easy way, and discovered the exciting way that it turns out my body type is not quite made for these products and wearing them creates rather uncomfortable and hilarious events to occur.
So while out shopping, I went into the dressing room and put on a cami and a thigh product they had, and decided to go for a quick walk around the store to make sure that they would work, first look in the mirror and all I can think is "damn, these things make me look great!", but then, I start to actually move. A few steps into my journey and the top suddenly goes *pllloooop* and rolls very tightly up to my bra, leaving a huge weird roll and a magically appearing tummy in its wake. So, pull it down real quick, hope no one noticed, walk a few more steps... then *pllloooop* the bottom rolls down into my pants and now tummy is being forced into this weird roll look out over my pants! After another quick embarrassed tug to put them back in place, I feel it's time to start making my way back to the dressing room to escape these things... but before I can make it back *plllooooooop* they have BOTH rolled up and I am looking quite strange and blobby. Getting these products off of my body was also not an easy task, perhaps it was due to all the rollings, but they both had decided they wanted to never leave my body again and it took a good five minutes for those damn thigh things to release me from their jaws!

So anyways, looks like it is back to working out, eating healthy and hoping for my waist to slowly vanish. No more short cuts for me.

2 comments:

  1. haha, spanx is the devil. I wore it last year for new year's eve and Kriston and to physically tug at while I jumped so that it would pull all the way up. Never again! As for people who said you'd be an "obese foreigner," give me their names so I can kill them. Remember, you're hot Jen for a reason! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks love <3
    they were more saying that while I am 'attractive' in America, most Japanese people do not think that anyone over like 130pds is pleasing

    ReplyDelete